Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hot! Hot!

Preheating the oven to make dinner, Bill turned around to see Elizabeth digging through her cup drawer. She found a koozie cup, put it on her hand like an oven mitt, toddled over to the oven and, in her sweet toddler voice, said, "Hot! Hot!" Bill was so amused and captured the moment on camera.

I recaptured the moment with one of my sketching pencils, which had been stored away since 2004. I found myself to be out of practice but not totally out of touch with the art. It was like trying to ride a bicycle again after not having ridden for many years. The sketch could've been better but still turned out to be a perfect Father's Day gift for Bill.

hot! hot!

As soon as this happy memory is framed, it will go on one of the walls in our house.

As soon as I find the time, I will sketch Matthew too.

6 comments:

Anna said...

oh how absolutely adorable. What a lucky papa! You should make sure to keep your skills/talent fresh. Not everyone can do something beautiful like this! Reminds me of a book I purchased with sketches by Leonardo Da vinci

To Love Endlessly said...

love moments like that! how great that it brought you to get your sketching tools back out. You need to do stuff for you too.

Ilisa Ailts said...

Awesome talent and a perfect gift!

RK said...

Um wow... you never cease to amaze me. What a great memento!!!

Rosa said...

Your so talented! Grate illustration.

Rochelle said...

Could have been better? Oh my, what an amazing talent you have been hiding! LOVE!