Remembering some special firsts in 2009.
- We participated as "Team Matthew" in our 1st Buddy Walk for Down syndrome in St. Louis.
- Matthew learned to walk at 21 months.
- Matthew is published in "Gifts 2", a book of a collection of essays about how people with Down syndrome enrich our lives compiled and edited by Kathryn Soper. My sister-in-law, Kristin, contributed an essay about Matthew.
- This is the 1st year we took Matthew trick-or-treating. He was the young Master Yoda.
- We bought our 1st family Christmas tree.
We welcome 2010, expecting Matthew's little sister in April and looking forward to more special memories and blessings.
Happy New Year everyone! Have a bountiful 2010!