Friday, May 29, 2009

Book Review: Peek-A-Who?


Peek-A-Who? by Nina Laden is Matthew's favorite board book. We read this book everyday, several times a day. It was with this book that he learned to turn pages. It's a quick read, which makes it perfect for speed readers like Matthew. When I say speed reader, I really mean 'speedy page turner'. It's a wonderful and simple rhyming book. The colorful illustrations are wonderful for a visual learner like Matthew. On the left pages, the words "Peek a" are repeated. The opposite page has a die-cut hole, allowing a sneak preview of what follows once the page is turned. Matthew almost always kisses the mirror on the last page - Peek a YOU!

Lately, he's been saying "buh" whenever he flips through this book. I'm not sure if he's trying to say "book" or trying to say the words in the book that rhyme with "who".

The Verdict: It's a wonderful beginner book!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. Matthew is such a handsome little boy! Thanks again.

Beverly said...

looks like a cute book! I love when Noah get's really into a new book!

ds.mama said...

We like this book too. Especially the little mirror at the end!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you commented on my blog! Matthew is such a cutie! And this is Ruby's favorite book, too!