Friday, April 24, 2009

Matthew's Top 10 Books

Many moms will agree that when you read books to your kids over and over and over and over, you'll memorize them. If you're like me, you'll be able to "read" the book without even looking at the book. It's one of many things I've come to learn on my own about motherhood that I never thought of before having Matthew.

I do love that Matthew is very interested in books. I read a few stories to him everytime before naptime and bedtime and whenever we just feel like it during the day. I usually sit him on my lap and let him choose which book to read by holding out two books in front of him. And I know he thinks about it because he'll look from one book to the other before reaching out for the one he wants, sometimes with a little chuckle as if pleased with his choice. When reading, I let him turn the pages. He owns quite a few books and his favorites are drilled into my head. And that's fine but I believe it would benefit him (and me) if we read other stories. In my attempt to help him branch out, we've been going to the library to borrow more.

Here are his top 10 books:
1. Peek-a-Who? by Nina Laden Peek-a-Who? by Nina Laden
2. Touch and Feel Farm Animals by DK PublishingTouch and Feel Farm Animals by DK Publishing
3. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes..." by Child's Play, illustrated by Annie Kubler
4. Baby Loves by Michael LawrenceBaby Loves by Michael Lawrence
5. Sesame Beginnings Bubbles, Bubbles by Sesame StreetSesame Beginnings Bubbles, Bubbles by Sesame Street
6. Sesame Beginnings Eyes, Nose, Fingers & Toes by Sesame StreetSesame Beginnings Eyes, Nose, Fingers & Toes by Sesame Street
7. Sesame Beginnings Nighty Night by Sesame StreetSesame Beginnings Nighty Night by Sesame Street
8. Baby Faces Hugs & Kisses by Roberta Grobel IntraterBaby Faces Hugs & Kisses by Roberta Grobel Intrater (borrowed from the library)
9. Global Babies by the Global Fund for Children Global Babies by the Global Fund for Children (borrowed from the library)
10. 1, 2, Buckle My Shoe by Anna Grossnickle Hines1, 2, Buckle My Shoe by Anna Grossnickle Hines (also borrowed from the library. Matthew accidentally tore off part of a page today. Whoopsie!!)

If you know of other good toddler books, please feel free to let me know. Leave a comment. Quick! Before I start reciting the Sesame Beginnings Bubbles book again!

0 comments: