Friday, September 4, 2009

Book Review: I Can, Can You?

I Can, Can You?
Written & photographed by Marjorie W. Pitzer.

A board book for babies and toddlers to enjoy. The photos are of kids with Down syndrome playing, eating, drawing, and sharing. What a simple reminder that kids are kids, Down syndrome or not!

Matthew's favorite pages seem to be the one with the little boy going down the slide and the little boy swimming. He always stops at this particular page and starts babbling. It makes me smile and wonder what goes on in his head when he sees these photos and I wish I knew what he is trying to tell me.

I Can, Can You? Matthew's favorite page

Have you read it? What do you think?

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

We haven't read this one yet. But, we will definitely get it. Alayna loves baby faces books and enjoys looking at all the different babies expressions so I am sure this one will be a huge hit for her too. Thanks.

Kelli said...

I actually have been really curious about this book and have not read it...I'm curious to see what others think who have read it. Colin is just getting into books and enjoys ones with bright colors and different textures.

To Love Endlessly said...

this looks like a great book. maybe that'll get added to our wish list for her upcoming bday. ;-)

Lisa said...

We LOVE this book! We have multiple copies. Bridget always tries to open to the page toward the end with the little girl smiling and eating pizza--"za!" she'll shout and smile. I have no idea whether she recognizes that the kids have Ds, but she sure enjoys the pictures and theme of the book. It is a must-have for children with Ds (typical kids would enjoy it, too)!